Part of being in the right place, at the right time, with the right solution is being able to offer members products and services with little or no wait time. We live in a fast-paced world, and members are used to having fast, convenient access to products and services in their credit union interactions and beyond.
While payments are evolving with the use of wearables and mobile wallets, payment cards are still very popular with members and widely used around the world. When opening a new account in the old days, it was expected that your card would be received in the mail within a week or two. Today, there’s no need to wait with instant issue software available. Credit unions who offer instant issue card options benefit through:
- Increased card activation and usage
- Improved member satisfaction
- Additional cross-sell opportunities
- Enhanced member interactions
- Reduced expenses and risk of card fraud
Instant Issue Solutions
Credit unions have the freedom to choose a vendor and product that fits their needs the best. One of our partners, MagTek, offers the ExpressCard 500P and the ExpressCard 2000 to meet the varying needs of credit unions. Printing cards can be a quick, simple task for credit unions. Compact desktop printers can produce professional, personalized cards in as little as 90 seconds!
The MagTek ExpressCard 500p is a desktop printer that allows credit unions to instantly print and issue flat cards to members while including features such as magstripe encoding and EMV smart card personalization.
- Stunning Visuals That Inspire Loyalty – This Card Personalization Device (CPD) reproduces vivid images and print results with state-of-the-art encoding and advanced card personalization features. The ExpressCard 500p automatic feeder and output hopper both have a 100-card capacity, while the manual feeder makes it easy to create card-by-card printing. The CPD personalizes cards for lasting, edge-to-edge production for a variety of card applications including ATM, debit and credit cards.
- Engineered Design Improves Cross-Selling – Service representatives appreciate the simple design and device operation (including easy access to load and unload cards), while administrators appreciate reduced training time. By implementing an easy-to-use, plug-and-play printing platform, service representatives receive more cross-selling opportunities.
- Built-In Security – The ExpressCard 500p features a locking card hopper designed to secure the card stock and meet Visa® and MasterCard’s® compliance requirements for instantly issuing branded cards. The Kensington Lock physically secures the device and keeps the CPD locked down and meets Visa’s Hardware Standards on securing the device (Section 3 of Visa’s Global Instant Card Personalization Issuance Security Standards).
- Scalable Production Capability – The internal USB hub provides easy connection and makes linking to Windows-based systems a breeze. ExpressCard 500p is available in single- and dual-sided versions, and uses high-quality and affordable consumables for producing a variety of payment cards. The printer can be factory configured for dual-sided printing, or the function can be activated on site. The ExpressCard 500p supports the most stringent standards for printing and encoding of magnetic stripes.
The MagTek ExpressCard 2000 adds the option of printing flat or embossed cards, complete with foil tipping and indent printing. This printer can be used for payment cards, as well as membership or loyalty cards.
- Enhanced User Experience – MagTek’s hardware and software are built for ease-of-use, minimal training time and deliver an enhanced user experience. Members appreciate receiving personalized cards that are high quality, reliable, and created quickly and simply.
- Customized Service You Can Count On – The ExpressCard 2000 has two service levels. The primary difference is embossing versus full-printing. With the embossing-only option, the card already is pre-printed with a graphic. Only the personalized member information is added to it, such as name and card number. The other option allows for full printing, where credit unions may purchase plain plastics that can be printed in full-color directly on the card, on demand,
- Easy Integration and Implementation – ExpressCard 2000 is supported by a wide range of third-party software solutions, creating a complete, secure instant issuance system for distributed locations that can be maintained & controlled centrally. Also available is a complete API and SDK solution for custom implementations.
- Instant Issuance with Engineered Security – The MagneSafe™ Security Architecture (MSA) is a digital identification and authentication architecture that safeguards consumers and their personal data. Designed to exceed PCI regulations, MSA leverages strong encryption, secure tokenization, counterfeit detection, tamper recognition, data relevance and integrity, and dynamic digital transaction signatures, which together validate and protect the entire transaction and each of its components.
Centralized Control of Card Issuance
For even faster deployment and scalability of services, both the ExpressCard 500p and 2000 can be coupled with QwickCards, a cloud-based software that further customizes this product to the needs of the credit union.
Regardless of the service option selected, Synergent remains the single point of contact for installation, training, and service coverage. Want to differentiate your institution in the market and offer service that exceeds your members’ expectations? Contact your Account Relationship Manager today to learn more, or email ARM@synergentcorp.com.