Resuming Lobby Services
Below are resources credit unions may find useful as they begin to reopen their lobbies.
- Synergent: Lobby Services COVID-19 Prevention Checklist – Updated November 19, 2020
- CDC: Cleaning and Disinfecting Your Facility
- OSHA: Guidance on Preparing Workplace for COVID-19
- EEOC: Guidance for Workplace Compliance with the ADA During COVID-19
Maine Credit Union League Summary
Our branch lobbies at <INSERT LOCATIONS> are scheduled to reopen to members on <DATE>. <ONLY IF APPLICABLE> Due to different factors, not all branch locations are reopening at the same time. I will keep you informed on restarting at those locations as decisions are made.
Your safety and the safety of our members is our top priority. For these reasons, we have implemented new policies and procedures to help keep everyone protected. When creating these policies, we followed guidelines developed by the CDC, OSHA, and other state and federal health officials.
How this impacts you: <SAMPLES BELOW>
- All employees are required to maintain 6 feet of distance from other employees, members, and visitors. This is especially important in common areas such as the breakroom and kitchen. <IF ANY COMMON AREAS ARE CLOSED, NOTE THOSE HERE.>
- Conduct any necessary paperwork, such as loan document signing, in a spacious area for members to review – sign – return, while maintaining physical distance of 6 feet.
- Employees should wear facial coverings throughout the workday. We also will be asking members to wear masks in our branches.
- Members will be asked to lower their masks to validate their identity before service is provided, ideally in range of a camera to capture their faces.
- Employees must use hand sanitizer between each member served and follow strict cleaning and sanitation procedures. See CDC Cleaning and Disinfecting Guidelines. <OR INSERT YOUR CLEANING PROCEDURES HERE>.
- <INSERT ANY POLICIES REGARDING OUT OF STATE TRAVEL – BOTH PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL>
- If a member falls ill while at our branch, bring the member to an isolated area until they can be transferred home or to a healthcare facility.
- Provide the member a mask if needed.
- Notify Management immediately.
- If you are sick, or have been exposed to someone who is sick, please do not come in to work!
- Know the signs and symptoms of COVID-19.
How this impacts members:
Changes members might notice include: <SAMPLES BELOW>
- <IF APPLICABLE> Dedicated service hours for high-risk members.
- A member of our staff will now greet members at the door to ensure that no more than <#> members are in our branch at any given time.
- New plexiglass barriers and floor markings to help maintain 6 feet of physical distancing.
- Hand sanitizer will be available for members at the entrance.
- Shareable items such as pens have been removed. If a member needs a pen, single use pens will be available.
- Members will be asked to use face coverings if able and are encouraged to stay home if they are sick.
Our entire team has done an exceptional job educating members about the many options available for transacting business, such as drive-through teller stations, and online and mobile banking. Please continue to encourage our members to pursue these options.
All of you have been working hard on behalf of our members. Thank you for everything you are doing—your ongoing efforts are greatly appreciated.
<CEO NAME/CREDIT UNION>
Our branch lobbies at <INSERT LOCATIONS> are scheduled to reopen to members on <DATE>. <ONLY IF APPLICABLE> Due to different factors, not all branch locations are reopening at the same time. More details regarding those locations will be released as soon as possible.
Lobbies will be open from <INSERT TIME>, Monday – Friday, and from <INSERT TIME>, on Saturday. <IF APPLICABLE>. We also are offering a dedicated service hour for seniors, immunocompromised, and pregnant women from <INSERT TIME>, Monday – Friday.
Our credit union has implemented special procedures to serve you safely. Some of the changes you might notice include: <SAMPLES BELOW>
- A member of our staff will greet you at the door and will ensure that no more than <#> members are in our branch at any given time.
- Plexiglass barriers have been added, as well as floor markings to help maintain 6 feet of physical distancing.
- Hand sanitizer will be available for you to use at the entrance.
- Shareable items such as pens will be removed. If a pen is needed, single use pens will be available, and you will be able to keep the pen after use.
- Our employees will be wearing masks and ask that you also use face coverings if able.
- We are frequently sanitizing shared surfaces and following CDC sanitary guidelines for daily deep cleaning.
Even though our lobby doors will be open, we encourage you to continue using the many options available for transacting business, such as drive-thru teller stations, online and mobile banking, <IF APPLICABLE> live chat, and our call center.
Please keep in mind the health and safety of our members and staff is our top priority. To keep everyone safe and prevent transmission of the virus, we ask you not visit our credit union if you are sick or have been exposed to anyone who is sick.
If you need further information about COVID-19 policies and procedures, please visit our website or contact us by phone at <INSERT NUMBER or an EMAIL if preferred>.