The incumbent works independently, or as part of a team, to scope and schedule projects with the enterprise. The incumbent will work with project sponsors and functional areas to define project work, estimate effort, and align staff to project assignments.
- Work with Project Sponsor to define the project, establish project scope, break down the deliverables, and estimate effort and duration.
- Based on priorities, work with functional areas to assign staff to project, and schedule the project.
- Communicate with pending projects when there are changes to the schedule
- Transition projects from scoping and scheduling to team who will execute to deliver results.
- Perform research on the latest trends in project management that will feed into established Standards for Project Management. Read books, watch webinars, and attend conferences (virtual as well as in-person) to stay current regarding the latest developments for Project Management Offices.
- Provide assistance to others within the Enterprise to gain a better understanding of project management, whether serving as a mentor for another project manager or project coordinator or answering questions of individuals outside of the department.
- Upon completion of phases or entire projects, capture lessons learned and incorporate them into a report that will be archived with the project documents in accordance with established Project Archiving Standards. Ensure any tasks that will be accomplished outside of a project scope have incident tickets created.
- Using industry knowledge gained, provide input into ways to improve standards within the department, whether as a topic discussion during team meetings, or a formal process to review and update standards.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter including salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!