Sales Engineer – Payments
This position serves as a liaison to support internal teams with sales to existing credit union customers and serves as the primary liaison for new prospect sales engagements. The incumbent possesses extensive business and technical knowledge that will be relied upon to educate credit unions on the Enterprise’s competitive advantages, including complimentary technology and marketing support and services. This position is responsible for developing a sales funnel and managing and supporting the Enterprise’s sales process as well as working in conjunction with the internal sales team to expand the Enterprise’s footprint in the national market. Travel is required.
- Ensure appropriate response to functional and technical elements of Requests for Information (RFIs) and Requests for Proposals (RFPs).
- Understand and document, through due diligence efforts, customer requirements and convey requirements to the Product Development and Business Support teams.
- Articulates solutions in terms of ROI / business case and value to the client.
- Effectively discuss and position Enterprise products and solutions by demonstrating an in-depth understanding of Enterprise products, functions, features, and benefits to both business and technical users.
- Identify all business needs of assigned accounts and manage customer expectations to assure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the sales process.
- Design and coordinate product presentations based on the necessities and competitive sales environment.
- Collaborate with Product Development to identify product capability gaps or functionality limitations to define alternatives using partners, product enhancements, etc.
- Participate at user groups, conferences, tradeshows, and other events as required by management and Corporate Marketing.
Required Skills & Knowledge
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Marketing or related discipline.
- Strongly preferred minimum of five years of relevant experience with payments products.
- Strong selling and sales aptitude with the ability to manage complex customer interactions.
- Ability to understand and document customer requirements.
- Strong verbal, written, and presentation skills. Able to make effective presentations in time-constrained situations.
- High level of organizational skills and prioritization skills necessary for multi-tasking and managing complex customer interactions in various account situations.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team within a challenging and diverse environment.
- Ability to adapt to changes and adjust priorities with little notice.
- Ability to learn new concepts and skills to continually expand knowledge base and advance with industry changes.
- Ability to apply critical thinking skills to solve problems by generating, evaluating, and implementing solutions.
- Willingness to work and seek out new work challenges.
- Integrity – Strive for truthfulness and honesty in all things, living the values of the Enterprise in relationships with coworkers, customers, and stakeholders. Be committed to leading by example with civility, humbleness, and transparent communication.
- Service – Actively promote a positive image of the Enterprise while providing high-quality internal and external service. Consistently meet and manage organizational and client expectations, and respond positively and professionally to changes in departmental needs.
- Respect – Treat everyone as they would want to be treated. Recognize the importance of other opinions, and focus on listening to first put yourself in the other person’s shoes. Support everyone’s worth and dignity, regardless of background, abilities, or beliefs. Be considerate and demonstrate concern for the growth and development of all others.
- Operational Excellence – Encourage a culture of collaboration and mutual support
To learn more about one of Maine’s Best Places to Work, please visit www.synergentcorp.com. To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter including salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!