Accounts Payable Specialist
This position is responsible for maintaining the accounts payable system for various entities including the Maine Credit Union League and Synergent. The incumbent assists with maintaining supporting information related to the financial statement process for the Enterprise and provides recommendations for improvements.
- Maintain Accounts Payable systems for Synergent, Maine Credit Union League, Take a Chance, Maine Credit Unions’ Campaigns for Ending Hunger, Maine Credit Union League Condominium & Associates, including but not limited to updating vendor cards, tax information, and processing end of year 1099 forms.
- Responsible for invoice processing, disbursement of vendor payments, reconciliation of vendor statements, and assessment and resolution of general A/P problems. Continually evaluate Accounts Payable system for procedural and application enhancements while recommending and implementing improvements.
- Compile and reconcile monthly AP breakdowns for the Maine Credit Union League and Synergent and track vendor disputes. Identify and communicate any issues or concerns within various accounts.
- Maintain corporate credit card processing for Synergent and the Maine Credit Union League while ensuring sufficient support for organizational spending. Communicate with corporate credit card holders to ensure sufficient supporting documents and track any related issues. Evaluate best practices and make recommendations for procedural and application changes.
- Maintain purchase order systems for the Maine Credit Union League and Synergent. Report monthly and open purchase orders to ensure compliance with purchasing policy.
- Preparation of daily deposits.
- Act as secondary backup for Administrative Specialist during all scheduled or unscheduled absences. Assist with other accounting functions such as inventory, check processing ledger reconciliation or fixed assets as assigned.
To learn more about one of Maine’s Best Places to Work, please visit www.synergentcorp.com. To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter including salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!