Assistant Vice President – Learning and Development
This position is responsible for the strategic development, coordination, and implementation of learning and development programs (in-person, remote, hybrid, etc.) for the Enterprise and its customers. This position leads the Learning and Development team and provides overall direction in curriculum design and program delivery, including the development of support resources, outside speaker/trainer relationships and conferences and events.
- Manage, coach and support Learning and Development staff on all new and ongoing departmental initiatives, professional development, and individual performance.
- Serve as staff liaison to the League’s Education Committee.
- Work closely with the League and Synergent management team to identify opportunities to enhance internal and external training opportunities.
- Work collaboratively across the Enterprise to identify individual, team, and organizational development programs by creating, implementing, and evaluating strategies to drive the Enterprise strategic plan and department goals.
- Create an engaged and empowered workforce and foster a culture of development through the implementation of the Enterprise Development Plan, including new hire onboarding; ongoing skills training in Episys, payments, other products and services; and leadership development programs.
- Support the continual improvement of the Enterprise culture through existing and new staff training while serving as a liaison to employee groups and other related training and culture activities.
- Develop and strengthen MECUL-Synergent leadership development programs. Build and maintain development programs that strengthen leadership effectiveness and align with career pathing and succession planning programs.
- Work with the L&D team to develop and deliver programs for our credit union partners, including but not limited to professional and staff development (CU University), Episys conversions and custom training, payments, and other Synergent products and services as needed and facilitation of strategic planning sessions. Create a menu of in-person, live online/synchronous, and recorded/asynchronous webinars to meet credit unions’ training and development needs.
- Lead and oversee development activities and virtual sessions to support development programs. Oversee the creation of learning materials, including webinars/online learning modules and learning aids such as manuals, process steps, etc.
- Work with the L&D team to develop and conduct employee relations programs, including in-house mandatory trainings, educational sessions, staff and credit union orientation programs, and service/culture training. Work with the L&D team to develop and research potential topics for sessions, as well as schedule facilitators as necessary. Assist other areas in the scheduling of various trainings and orientations. Work with the L&D team to develop and enhance Enterprise-wide programs that teach and strengthen our values and leadership behaviors consistently for all employees
- Responsible for the development of the annual internal and credit union focused training budgets ensuring expenditures and income are within budgeted amounts.
To learn more about one of Maine’s Best Places to Work, please visit www.synergentcorp.com. To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter including salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!