AVP- Accounting and Finance
The ideal candidate will be responsible for the planning, management, and reporting of the finances, and expenditures for Synergent, the Maine Credit Union League, Take a Chance, Maine Credit Union’s Campaigns for Ending Hunger, and Maine Credit Union League Condominium & Associates. This position manages the Finance & Accounting team, as well as ensures accounting policies are in compliance with regulations.
- Manage the growing Finance & Accounting team and its operations through planning for and maintaining staffing levels, while implementing and maintaining efficient systems and processes. Set departmental metrics to track and optimize team performance.
- Administer Enterprise budgeting and financial reporting functions. Support financial awareness and accountability of managers through monthly financial reporting and annual budget process. Develop and provide resources for managers to manage budgets, projects, and initiatives. Communicate profit and loss, financial performance indicators and strategy, capital spending, and cash flow information with stakeholders.
- Assess and evaluate the financial performance of the Enterprise for short and long term goals of the strategic plan. Support the Senior Leadership Team through financial insight and recommendations as they relate to business goals.
- Ensure exceptional service levels throughout the development and maintenance of key relationships.
- Ensure compliance with generally accepted accounting principles, IRS regulations, and state regulations. Maintain and evaluate internal controls to ensure adequate safeguarding of Enterprise resources.
To learn more about one of Maine’s Best Places to Work, please visit www.synergentcorp.com. To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter including salary requirements to email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!