AVP – HR
Come join our team! Synergent is seeking an AVP of Human Resources responsible to provide an effective strategy of employee support while fostering a culture where employees feel valued and respected. Promote relationships with department leaders and provide guidance on issues relevant to employee and company goals and objectives. Lead and support efforts to increase employee satisfaction and wellness, as well as the overall strength of the workplace, and constructively interact with employees and leaders. Provide leadership and direction while ensuring development, coordination, compliance, and administration of all human resources functions.
- Evaluate the Human Resource & Facilities department structure and team to ensure continual improvement of efficiencies and effectiveness of the group, as well as provide opportunities for professional and personal growth whenever possible.
- Enhance and/or develop, implement, and enforce human resources policies and procedures of the Enterprise by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the Enterprise. Act as point of contact with management on personnel issues and work with Employee Relations Manager, CFO and Corporate Attorney to ensure compliance with laws while providing management guidance on issues.
- Prepare budgets in accordance with Enterprise financial goals, and monitor ongoing performance to help ensure desired results. Seek to identify improvements and enhancements, and present recommendations as needed regarding staff promotions, unbudgeted expenditures, and facilities to help ensure desired staffing and facility needs.
- Ensure the strategic human resource planning is adhered to in order to provide the Enterprise with the best people talent available and to position the Enterprise as a Best Place to Work by being aware of policies, practices, and trends within the industry.
- Ensure Enterprise human resource functions are provided in a timely manner in coordination with the Employee Relations Manager. Maintain efficient and effective procedures to ensure that questions/problems are responded to in a timely manner. Ensure that Enterprise payroll and benefit programs are administered in a timely and accurate manner, researching alternate benefit programs as needed.
- Establish credibility throughout the Enterprise with both management and employees in order to be a problem-solver of people issues and promote the Enterprise as a Best Place to Work.
- Support the continual improvement of the Enterprise culture through existing and new staff training, while serving as a liaison to employee groups and other related training and cultural activities.
- Develop and maintain an Enterprise Development plan. Plan, Develop and provide training and staff development programs, through the use of the most effective methods of training including both classroom and webinar trainings.
- Plan, develop, and implement the overall recruitment program and efforts of the Enterprise. Recommend and participate in all applicable job fairs deemed beneficial to the Enterprise. Maintain and monitor open positions to maximize recruiting efforts while working with and assisting hiring managers throughout the recruitment process.
- Maintain position descriptions and performance evaluation programs for the Enterprise, including development, maintenance, and communication of performance appraisal policies and procedures.
- Ensure that the mandatory survey/audit information for the Enterprise is completed within the required timeframe. Surveys could include but are not limited to OSHA, EEOC, and workers’ compensation.
- Assist with Benefit Renewals, Policy Manual, HR compliance.
To learn more about one of Maine’s Best Places to Work, please visit www.synergentcorp.com. To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter including salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!