Check Processing Specialist
This entry-level position is responsible for the accurate and timely performance of daily data entry and maintenance functions as requested by credit unions and internal staff. The incumbent is responsible for entering all data received from various sources into multiple web portals and/or balancing workbooks. The incumbent is also responsible for accurately performing departmental tasks within established deadlines. This position is responsible for balancing daily files in excess of $100M daily on behalf of our credit unions. The incumbent performs exception processing and meets Federal Reserve Bank and Electronic Check Clearing House Organization (ECCHO) deadlines and follows regulations established by both.
This position will follow a Monday-Friday 11am-8pm Schedule
- Ensure that all data entry and verification is processed on the day it is received, including but not limited to item verification and Enterprise ticketing system entry.
- Process daily incoming cash letter items electronically to ensure credit unions receive credit for the daily totals and their draft posting files are received in a timely manner.
- Perform exception processing, ensuring accurate and timely creation of electronic files and substitute checks to meet guidelines as established by the Federal Reserve Bank and Direct Exchange Partners.
- Process chargeback files accurately and in a timely manner, ensuring all Federal Reserve Bank rules and regulations are followed.
- Provide balanced files to credit unions, the Federal Reserve, the Maine Clearing House, and other vendors.
- Process daily incoming branch work received after established cutoff time.
- Accurately create adjustments in order for the credit unions to balance their daily deposits.
- Perform daily data loads, ensuring an accurate permanent archive.
- Verify incoming returns are received and are input into the balancing workbook for additional processing.
Accurately enter information into the billing system for all Information Systems – Checks products, including but not limited to adjustments & analysis reports.
To learn more about one of Maine’s Best Places to Work, please visit www.synergentcorp.com. To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter including salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!