Synergent continues to grow! Our Information Systems team has a newly created opportunity for a Database Administrator who will be responsible for the performance, integrity and security of the organization’s databases while providing technical expertise in the design, implementation and maintenance of database management systems.
The incumbent’s responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Building database scheme, tables, procedures and permissions; creating, testing, and executing data management languages. Developing database utilities and automated reporting.
- Implementing and maintaining database security and encryption, while ensuring data is stored securely and optimally.
- Developing and documenting data standards and policies for data entry and ensures compliance with audit.
- Analyze and sustain capacity and performance requirements. Monitors databases for optimal performance, schedules and performs regular server maintenance. Manage storage for all applications ensuring that storage and archiving procedures are functioning correctly.
- Installs database server software and configures SQL or other database types as required.
- Perform maintenance operations daily, weekly and monthly on Oracle and SQL servers and databases, and information systems for the purpose of ensuring efficient program operations.
- Design and oversee backup processes for database servers, including clustering, mirroring, and replication. Develop, and test database and information system backup and recovery plans as part of the disaster recovery aspects of a database.
- Create and writes database management procedures including database and recovery documentation, data standards, procedures and definitions for the data dictionary (metadata)
- Provide end-to-end technical support and problem resolution, monitors root cause analysis, troubleshoots and resolves database problems.
- Assesses malfunctions of hardware and/or software applications for the purpose of determining appropriate actions to maintain computer, network, and database operations.
Successful candidate will possess a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering plus a minimum of 2 years’ professional experience. Advanced knowledge of database structure and theory; database administration, management, data imports and exports, and developing reports. Experience with administrative oversight of Oracle databases preferred, Microsoft Data Management stack: Microsoft SQL Server, SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS), Transact-SQL (T-SQL), SSIS and Stored Procedures preferred. Experience with ETL processes and concepts as well as data warehouse management is highly preferred.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter including salary requirements to email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!