At Synergent, we are always working to improve the financial lives of members, uplift our communities, and strengthen the credit union movement coast-to-coast. We are here because of your credit union and your members, and our mission is to help you, our credit union partners, succeed.
We are here because of your credit union and your members. With an eye on the future in terms of both positioning our organization for future growth and in succession planning, we are pleased to announce the following promotions and organizational changes that went into effect on July 5, 2022:
- Cris Wescott will assume the role of Chief Financial Officer (CFO). She will be responsible for the Accounting & Finance Department, Human Resources, and Facilities. She will continue serving as a member of the Senior Leadership Team (SLT).
- Ben Jordan will assume the role of Chief Information Officer (CIO). He will be responsible for Synergent Core Consulting and Conversions, Software Delivery, and Information Systems. Ben will continue serving as a member of the SLT.
- Cheryl Lancaster will assume the role of Chief Strategy Officer (CSO) with responsibilities to support the transitions outlined in this communication, as well as the numerous strategic initiatives. She will continue serving as a member of the SLT.
- Scott Johnsen will assume the role of Chief Relationship Officer (CRO). This position will have an emphasis on both building and strengthening relationships with credit unions. He also will be responsible for Synergent Product Development, Payments, and Business Development, as well as Advocacy, Education, and Outreach for the Maine Credit Union League. Scott will continue serving on the SLT.
- Tim Brooks will assume the role of Vice President of Marketing. He will be responsible for Corporate Marketing, Marketing Services, and Sales. Doug MacDonald will be an integral part of this team continuing to serve as Vice President of Marketing Services.
- Rebekah Higgins will assume the role of Vice President of Payments. In this role, she will advance Synergent’s payment solutions, including debit and credit cards, while continuing to provide credit unions critical support to help them maximize their payment strategies.
- Mallory Farrell will assume the role of Vice President of Business Development. She will be responsible for Synergent’s Account Relationship Managers (ARMs), Technology, Check Processing, and Customer Service, as well as for other business support.
“We are fortunate to have a strong team, many of whom are long-tenured with deep roots in the credit union system,” said Todd Mason, President/CEO of Synergent. “These succession planning efforts will help ensure the strength of our team long into the future. That’s why we are implementing these strategic changes at our organization. Our new organizational structure will help us ensure we are well positioned to advance the credit union movement for years to come.”