Members are on the go. Even in our digital world, members still want the peace of mind of knowing they have access to a branch, no matter where they are in the U.S.
Credit unions who are part of the COOP Shared Branch Network gain a competitive edge while providing convenience to their members. By offering access to thousands of credit union locations nationwide, participating in Shared Branching helps ensure your credit union remains top-of-wallet and your members’ primary financial institution.
Synergent provides one of the most cost-effective entry points to Shared Branching. Whether you’re on the hosted Jack Henry Symitar® core platform through Synergent or on another core platform, we can help.
Shared Branching has many benefits, including:
- 5,800+ credit union locations in all 50 states
- Physical branch access
- Ability to complete transactions not available through digital channels
- Collaboration with fellow credit unions—a reflection of the cooperative credit union movement
- Membership retention
- Service continuity during temporary branch closures, outages, or natural disasters
- Access to online locator services
What is Shared Branching?
Shared Branching is a network of credit unions across the country that actually “share” their participating branches with each other. Members of a participating credit union can use any other participating credit union’s branch to complete a variety of transactions, including:
- Loan payments
- Cashier’s checks
- Account inquiries