This position is responsible for the sale of all products and services relating to Synergent’s payments solutions. Although the position focus is on payments, the position also will require knowledge of core processing, digital banking, and services offered through Synergent Marketing Services. The incumbent develops a pipeline of new business opportunities stretching across a nationwide territory, generating new contract revenue for Synergent that meets or exceeds the annual goals set forth for both areas. Up to 25% travel is required.
- Develop and maintain a complete and thorough understanding of the payments landscape, including products, trends, and best practices.
- Identify and develop new prospects for payments from both existing credit union partners and new credit union opportunities, meeting or exceeding the annual goals set by the Vice President – Marketing.
- Work closely with other Account Executives to support the sale of payments solutions to credit unions looking to Synergent for core processing or other services.
- Aggressively respond to business opportunities, representing the organization in a professional manner, providing informative, high-quality presentations, proposals, and materials that help develop prospects into credit union partners.
- Develop and maintain strong, positive, professional, service-centric relationships with new and prospect credit unions through regular contact and in collaboration with Synergent management and staff, including but not limited to proposal and pricing estimate reviews and cost controls for increased department profitability.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with Synergent’s payments vendor/partners. Maintain a thorough understanding of vendor/partner product upgrades and roadmaps.
- Work with the Vice President – Marketing, the Vice President – Operations, and other senior Synergent managers to prepare marketing and sales plans and budgets that support attaining new profitable business relationships.
- Seek to identify opportunities for the improvement of product and service delivery through credit union feedback and field experiences.
- Implement and execute a consistent contact plan that ensures the efficient management of the sales territory, using various methods of contact such as phone, email, and on-site visits when required.
- Monitor the competitive environment and prepare recommendations to maintain and improve our pricing, product, content, and service competitiveness.
- Prepare monthly new business sales forecasts and provide to the Vice President – Marketing. Identify the status of outstanding issues, including sales, service, and management relationships.
- Represent Synergent at industry tradeshows, chapter meetings, and other related credit union functions that have a positive impact on closing new profitable business relationships.
- Ensure appropriate response to functional and technical elements of Requests for Information (RFIs) and Requests for Proposals.
- Understand and document, through due diligence efforts, customer requirements and convey requirements to the Product Development and Business Support teams.
- Articulates solutions in terms of ROI / business case and value to the client.
- Effectively discuss and position Enterprise products and solutions by demonstrating an in-depth understanding of Enterprise products, functions, features, and benefits to both business and technical users.
- Identify all business needs of assigned accounts and manage credit union partner expectations to assure complete satisfaction through all stages of the sales process.
- Design and coordinate product presentations based on the necessities and competitive sales environment.
- Collaborate with Product Development to identify product capability gaps or functionality limitations to define alternatives using partners, product enhancements, etc.
- Participate at user groups, conferences, tradeshows, and other events as required by management and Corporate Marketing.
To learn more about Synergent, please visit www.synergentcorp.com. To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter including salary requirements to email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!