A recent study from Adobe and Advertising Week 2013 found that nearly 8 in 10 marketers expect that proving ROI will become even more important in the next 12 months. It also revealed many shared concerns across the marketing profession.
Here are some of the highlights of what is keeping marketers up at night, as well as other common threads:
- Marketers feel pressured to show more ROI
- Digital marketing is needed – and most lack the training to do so effectively
- Greatest concern is reaching their customers
- Many marketers do not think they influence their company’s business strategy
- Keeping up with change is a challenge – marketing has changed more in the last 2 years than in the last 50
- There is a low confidence in digital marketing both for companies and individuals
- Greatest importance is placed on brand building
- Greatest gap between importance and performance is in marketing measurement
- Cross-channel marketing is a stronger driver of success among digital marketers than others
- High performing companies are investing more in digital
- Digital marketers are most concerned about ROI
- 66% of marketers state companies won’t succeed without a digital media approach
To help ease marketers’ concerns, and better position them for the future, Synergent is holding two Marketing Summits for our users, on October 9 in Marlborough, MA, and on October 23 in Brunswick, ME. These events not only provide insight on current trends, best practices, and what’s ahead, it also gives marketers a chance to connect, network and share ideas. If you are interested in these October sessions, please contact us!